Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Miz Manners,

Why does is seem so clear to you just exactly what you should, ever so politely say, no matter how intrusive or offensive the situation? It always seems to make perfect sense. Reading it, I almost want to write it down and stow it away for later. But I'll never remember to use it in the heat of the moment. I have started many a quote book meant to provoke my mind precisely when I need it the most. Meant to Inspire me in my most dire of moments and stir the proper emotions at the most appropriate of times. Meant to heighten life. Meant to soften the blow of reality. Meant to push it away. But I always forget to read it. Forget to review it. Forget to bring it along when I get swept away into a conversation about how technology is taking me further away from my real life. Or how I struggle to accept parts of my culture. Or how the people I love bring me down the most. Or how sad it can be to try and communicate the most desperate part of you to another only to see it never go below the surface. To know that very desperation will never be shared. Where are you then Miss Manners??

Yours Truely,
Waiting for some Grace




"I felt Bad for a man without shoes, till I met a man without feet." - Indian Proverb








Book I just read: Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia

No comments:

Post a Comment