Last Sunday I watched a movie while doing some work. This movie plays endlessly on satallite T.V. and features some classic poetry read aloud by one of the characters. Immediately I felt compelled to get to know Walt Whitman. Before throwing myself in, bed I pledged to get to Boarders the very next day. Ahhhh. So quiet and condusive to deep thought. Why is it that if caught by some random fellow and made to recite the alphabet because the fate of the world releys on it I can perform abnormally well, but I always have trouble at video rental stores and at bookstores? After five minutes I choose a copy of his controversial work
Leaves of Grass, and looked it over. Interrupted by my incessant thoughts of various types of pastries, I made my purchase and left.
Walt, nice to know ya. ... ..

Happy Reading .. . ..
Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.
- Quentin Crisp
No comments:
Post a Comment