Well, there are things I would do differently and things I would do the same. There are places I wish I never went and places that I hate. And of those places some, I find myself longing to go back to. There are people I thought I hated and of those people, some I miss. There are people that I keep close, and of those people, some of them I secretly hate. There are things I wish I never said and of that list of very long things, a part of me cheered for being so brave. Brave enough to say them at all. There are things about me that I hate and yet have very little motivation to change them. There are things about me that I love but they are few and far between. There are desires in me to do more to increase those things and there are things, just things, that make me quit before I start. There are just so many things.
"Perfectionism is the voice of the oppressor, the enemy of the people. It will keep you cramped and insane your whole life, and it is the main obstacle between you and a shitty first draft. I think perfectionism is based on the obsessive belief that if you run carefully enough, hitting each stepping-stone just right, you won't have to die. The truth is that you will die anyway and that a lot of people who aren't even looking at their feet are going to do a whole lot better than you, and have a lot more fun while they're doing it."— Anne Lamott
No comments:
Post a Comment